Friday, May 23, 2008

Owen's Birthday







Owen turned 3 on March 6 so we had a late birthday party for him at our new house (which sold the next week, so we don't live there anymore) Since we were moving during his birthday we had to have it a little late but he still had a great time. When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to make him first he told me Thomas the train but then out of no where he said he wanted John Deer. The kid loves anything John Deer now so it was fitting. At first I thought I would make a tractor but I didn't know how to make one big enough so when we were driving by the John Deer store Owen saw the sign and yelled out "thats John Deer Mommy." So we went with the logo and I bought tractors to go around it. I ended up buying a sheet cake with not frosting since I oven was broke and then decorating until 1 AM the night before. I think it turned out great and Owen loved it!!
Thank you everyone that made it to the party it was great having you all there and Owen loved all his presents!!!

3 comments:

A. Simpson said...

How did you connect the pretael gate? The horizontal pieces?

A. Simpson said...

I mean pretzel

The Perkes Family said...

You make such good cakes. I can't believe he is 3!